9 Big Tech Platforms that Have Blacklisted President Donald Trump
- Nine platforms controlled by the Big Tech Masters of the Universe have blacklisted or restricted President Donald Trump.
- Twitter, Google, Apple, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, Pinterest, Shopify, Reddit, TikTok, Twitch, and Discord have all either banned or restricted President Trump from their platforms. The severity of action taken against Trump varies by platform.
- On Friday, Twitter permanently banned the account of the President of the United States, Donald J. Trump. Additional bannings include his campaign account and the campaign’s digital director.
- On Thursday, Mark Zuckerberg announced that “we are extending the block we have placed on his Facebook and Instagram accounts indefinitely and for at least the next two weeks until the peaceful transition of power is complete.”
- Snapchat suspended President Trump’s account indefinitely on Wednesday.“We can confirm that earlier on Wednesday we locked President Trump’s Snapchat account,” a Snapchat spokesperson told The Hill.
- While President Trump does not have a Pinterest account, the company has nonetheless been limiting hashtags related to pro-Trump topics, such as #StopTheSteal.
- E-commerce store provider Shopify has banned two stores affiliated with President Trump — one run by the Trump campaign and another belonging to the Trump organization, TrumpStore.com — on Thursday, claiming they violate the platform’s policies on supporting violence.
- The self-proclaimed “front page of the internet,” Reddit, joined the unprecedented wave of censorship by has banning an unofficial Donald Trump forum.
- While the President does not have a TikTok account, the Chinese-owned platform is nonetheless banning videos of Trump’s speeches to his supporters, claiming that the content on the grounds that they violate the company’s misinformation policy.
- Amazon-owned Twitch has also locked President Trump’s account indefinitely.“In light of yesterday’s shocking attack on the Capitol, we have disabled President Trump’s Twitch channel,” said a Twitch spokesperson in a statement.
MORE NEWS TODAY: