Biden Foreshadows Stricter Gun Control
- On Friday, the NRA posted a tweet that showed Biden saying he will “ban magazines that can hold multiple bullets in them” and that doing so does not violate the second amendment.
- His website states that his administration will “pursue constitutional, common-sense gun safety policies.”
- The plan addresses a litany of issues by closing loopholes, promoting new gun safety legislation, and seeks to reverse multiple policies and regulations that President Trump put in place during his administration.
- Some of his legislation and policy will be based on the lobbying that Gabby Giffords has led on gun control.Former Republican Arizona Congresswoman Gabby Giffords has been an avid gun control activist since she suffered a brain injury in an assassination attempt while speaking with constituents in a parking lot in Tucson in January of 2011.
- Highlights of the plan are:
- Ending the sale of firearms, ammunition, kits on the internet. Indicates that he will take executive actions to close loopholes, “including narrowing the so-called “gun show loophole,”
- increasing the number of records in the background check system, and expanding funding for mental health services and enacting universal background check legislation.
- Seeking to ban the manufacture and sale of assault weapons and high capacity magazines.
- Regulating the use of 3-D printers for gun production.
- Government buyback program, giving individuals the option to sell their weapons or register them under the National Firearms Act.
- Limit stockpiling of weapons. Reinstate the Obama-Biden policy “to keep guns out of the hands of certain people unable to manage their affairs for mental reasons, which President Trump reversed.”
- The fundamental right to keep and bear arms is a cherished constitutional liberty by many.The risk is that leaders and courts will deliver subjectively prejudicial judgments of an individual’s actions that result unjustly in a pejoratively, life-altering course.
MORE NEWS TODAY: