Conservative Daily Snapshot
- House Democrats are moving swiftly to try and remove President Trump from the White House. It seems the goal is to stop him from being able to run for office in the future.
- President Trump and VP Mike Pence reportedly met yesterday for the first time since the Capitol riots. It is reported that they discussed the week ahead and reflected on the last four years.
- The social media purge has taken on a new dimension. Internet chatter hints that hackers have been gathering data on all those who have used their accounts to support the president. It seems the days of McCarthyesque lists have returned.
- Joe Biden has completed his cabinet picks and will begin the process of Senate confirmation after January 20. The media machine is positively gleeful in pointing out just how diverse his choices are. Have we reached a point where the quality of a cabinet is based largely on race and gender?
- Forbes made it known that it will not work with any company that offers employment to Trump administration press secretaries, saying that they would “assume that everything your company or firm talks about is a lie.”
- Republicans blocked Democrats from introducing a resolution via unanimous consent asking Vice President Mike Pence to invoke the 25th Amendment.
- Nancy Pelosi responded, saying, “Their complicity endangers America, erodes our Democracy, and it must end.” She then announced that the House would take up the Raskin legislation, which also calls for the president to be removed via the 25th Amendment.
- President Trump has approved D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser’s request for an emergency declaration. What this means is that further resources will be provided to ensure safety and security during the inauguration period.
- A number of states have taken precautions against Trump supporters turning out on inauguration day. The FBI warned that “far-right extremists” are planning to march on state capitals.
- This is dangerous and divisive language by the FBI; the choice of language will ensure that any who protest over the weekend will automatically be labeled as “extremists.”
- The news media will report that the FBI warned of these “far-right” mobs. How soon before legislation is introduced to ban “extremists” from attending or organizing any protest at all?
MORE NEWS TODAY: