Dem Congressman Thompson Announces Investigation, Wants Cruz And Hawley On No-Fly List
- Congressman Bennie Thompson (D-MS), has called for Senators Ted Cruz (R-TX) and Josh Hawley (R-MO) to be put on the no-fly list in the aftermath of the Capitol protests that turned violent last week.
- Democrats have used last week’s violent protests in Washington D.C. to demonize Republicans and accuse President Trump of inciting a riot.
- Thompson chairs the Homeland Security Committee and believes there should be consequences for the two Senators, who raised objections about certifying the 2020 presidential election on the same day as the protests.
- During an interview on Monday, Thompson said, “There are ethics charges that can be brought against those individuals, and people are looking at all of this. What Senator Hawley did and what Senator Cruz did was horrible.”
- Cruz and Hawley are also getting some pushback from a fellow Senator.
- Democrat Senator Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI), has not only called for possible expulsion, but also for Ron Johnson (R-WI) for what is being portrayed as inciting the violence by raising objections to certifying the presidential election.
- This is the latest in a list of possible retributions that have been suggested for Cruz, Hawley, and others who had planned on contesting the electoral college vote last week.
- In addition to the threat of being put on a no-fly list, it is possible that both Senators may face a vote on a censure resolution with some fellow Republicans joining in, including Sen Mitt Romney (R-UT), and Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb).
MORE NEWS TODAY: