Democrat Tests Positive for COVID-19, Blames Republicans for Not Wearing Masks
- Democrat Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D-WA) has announced she has tested positive for COVID-19.
- However, the House lawmaker has alleged, without evidence, that she contracted the Chinese virus because her Republican colleagues refused to wear masks.
- Jayapal took to Twitter early Tuesday to announce that she has been diagnosed with the coronavirus and to blame GOP reps and President Donald Trump (of course) for her condition.
- She excoriated several Republicans locked down with her during last week’s riot at the U.S. Capitol who did not wear masks.
- Rep. Jayapal claimed that she was “locked down in a secured room at the Capitol where several Republicans not only cruelly refused to wear a mask but recklessly mocked colleagues and staff who offered them one.”
- Her office issued a statement that said some members and staff were informed by Dr. Brian Monahan, the attending physician of the U.S. Congress, that those secured in that particular room had been exposed to “another occupant with coronavirus infection.”
- She said,” Only hours after Trump incited a deadly assault on our Capitol, many Republicans still refused to take the bare minimum COVID-19 precaution and simply wear a damn mask in a crowded room during a pandemic—creating a superspreader event ON TOP of a domestic terrorist attack.”
- Adding, “Any Member who refuses to wear a mask should be fully held accountable for endangering our lives because of their selfish idiocy. I’m calling for every single Member who refuses to wear a mask in the Capitol to be fined and removed from the floor by the Sergeant at Arms.”
- “I will not rest until I do everything in my power to remove this President from office,” Jayapal concluded.
- She said she is isolating but will continue to work to the best of her ability.
MORE NEWS TODAY: