Ilhan Omar Prepares Articles of Impeachment Against Trump
- Omar announced that she is drafting an impeachment article against President Trump and argues that the president needs to be “removed from office.”
- She added, “We can’t allow him to remain in office, it’s a matter of preserving our Republic and we need to fulfill our oath”
- Omar’s tweet comes moments after President Trump called for “peace” and urged his supporters to “go home” after protesters swarmed the U.S.
- Rep. Omar’s tweet also arrives in the wake of the Senate runoff elections in Georgia, which appear to have ended up putting Democrats in control of the U.S. Senate, according to Breitbart.
- Last year, President Trump was cleared by the U.S. Senate of all charges in his impeachment trial.
- The recording of a phone call President Trump made with a Georgia official reveals that he requested that GA Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger fully investigates allegations of voter fraud in his state.
- Omar cited the U.S. Constitution, claiming it does not “make exceptions” for individuals based on the amount of time they had left in office.
- “The President and his collaborators become more emboldened when they are not held accountable for their crimes,” Rep. Omar alleged on Twitter.
MORE NEWS TODAY: