The party of the working people: Newsom defends his economy; says its richest people are “doing pretty damn well”
- Thanks to Gov. Newsom’s Wuhan virus mandates, California is on day 300-something of “two weeks to flatten the curve.”
- Due to the state’s progressive policies, in 2019 California had the highest poverty rate among US states.
- But don’t worry folks! Gov. Newsom defends his state’s economy and wants you to know that there’s lots of new billionaires that have been created in his state due to initial public offerings and that its richest people are “doing pretty damn well.”
- “The state is still this remarkable, remarkable, home to more dreamers and doers than any other part of the globe,” Newsom said.
- “We’ve got a lot of work to do to help small, medium-sized businesses, but the folks at the top, doing pretty damn well,”he said. “But I don’t begrudge that success.
- He added,”I admire and respect it. But at the same time, we have to be mindful of a competitive landscape. And I am acknowledging that, and I’m committed as governor to be more aggressive in the future to make a case anew for this great state.”
- Could one be any more tone deaf?
MORE NEWS TODAY: