Trump: If Democrats Win Senate Runoff They’ll Turn America into a ‘One-Party Country’
- President Donald Trump warned the crowd at a rally in Dalton, Georgia that if Democrats win the Senate runoff, they will transform the United States into a one-party state.
- “They’ll make Washington, DC, and other liberal places the 51st, 52nd, 53rd states of the union, guaranteeing the radical left a permanent majority of the U.S. Senate and the House, and the electoral college.”
- The president continued “It will make it really a one-party country, and the party will be the wrong party, They will pack the Supreme Court with crazed extremists, and I’m not happy with the Supreme Court.”
- Trump promised to campaign against Georgia Republicans Gov. Brian Kemp and Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger,
- Just a few days before Trump’s remarks, Vice President Mike Pence announced that he supported this initiative by a group of Republican senators to challenge the election college’s proof of the presidential election results.