Rep. Jim Jordan receives Medal of Freedom from Trump
- President Trump awarded the Medal of Freedom on Monday to Republican Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio as he continues to honor his staunchest political allies.
- In a closed-door ceremony, Mr. Trump awarded the nation’s highest civilian honor to Mr. Jordan for working “to unearth malfeasance at the highest levels of the United States government.” Last year, Mr. Jordan led the GOP effort in the House to oppose Mr. Trump’s impeachment.
- He also worked to unmask the Russia hoax and take on Deep State corruption — confronting senior Justice Department officials for obstructing Congress.
- Exposed the fraudulent origins of the Russia collusion lie.
- The White House said of the lawmaker. “He is an inspiration to freedom-loving Americans everywhere and has distinguished himself as one of the most consequential members of Congress of his generation.”
- Mr. Jordan, who has served 14 years in the House, has done much of his work on the House Oversight and Reform Committee.
- “Jordan helped identify millions of dollars of wasteful spending in the last administration’s numerous green energy programs,” the White House said.
- “He also fought against the Justice Department program known as ‘Operation Chokepoint’ — an early form of cancel culture and ‘de-platforming’ directed at law-abiding gun owners.”
MORE NEWS TODAY: