Pelosi Threatens to Do Something Drastic if Pence Does Not Remove Trump Under 25th Amendment
- On Thursday, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) threatened to launch into immediate impeachment if Vice President Mike Pence and Trump’s cabinet do not immediately invoke the 25th Amendment to remove the president.
- Pelosi began, mentioning the pro-Trump mob that stormed the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday, leading to the death of four people.
- The 25th Amendment allows the vice president and the cabinet to remove a president on the grounds that he is “unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office.
- George Washington University professor Jonathan Turley warned against using the 25th Amendment to remove Trump unless somebody got very strong ground.
- The Capitol riots may give Pelosi the right case to impeach Trump, but she already used that weapon. She would also need to build support among Republicans in the Senate, which may be a rather high bar.
MORE NEWS TODAY: